Stellaris Dance Theatre
|Also known as||Stellaris DansTeater|
|Organisation type||Dance company|
|Established||1 Jan. 1980|
About Stellaris Dance Theatre
Stellaris Dance Theatre is a professional performing arts enterprise based in Hammerfest. Within the independent performing arts the company is the second oldest dance company in Norway, and most likely the Northernmost in the world. The enterprise was established in 1980 under the name of Hammerfest Ballettverksted (Hammerfest Ballet Workshop). The name was changed into Stellaris Danseteater in 1989 and Stellaris Dance Theatre (in Norwegian: Stellaris DansTeater) in 2003.Read more
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
- Tangsprell (2014)
- Whispers - by the pearly gates (2014)
- Mother Courage and Her Children (4 Feb. 2010)
- En som mæ* (One like me) (3 Apr. 2006)
- Ved havet* (By the Sea) (4 Jun. 2005)
- From a Hanging Line (2003)
- Where the Mainland Floats (2000)
- I have crossed the Artic circle (Nov, 1999)
- Ana No (29 Oct. 1996)
- Mother Courage (25 Jun. 1994)
- Hudløs (17 Jun. 1989)
- Isblomsten* (The Ice Flower) (27 Jun. 1986)
- Barentsforestilling* (Barents performance)
- Compact Living
- Dans Meridian* (Dance Meridian)
- Dunongen og Tempusegget* (The Feathered Child and the Egg of Time)
- Eit anna lys, eit anna vatn* (Another light, another water)
- Endangered Regions
- Geidosis* (The feeling of a Hidden, Mental Journey)
- Innimellom Hjerteslag
- It will be will be
- Konstant Skiftende
- Lose my breath
- Natten er min søster* (The Night is My Sister)
- Open Zone
- Route 9600
- The Unforgiven
- Touching Point
- Ung Koreografi i Barents
- You Too
- Čákkálakkis / Čakkalaggen (2013 - The National Sami Theatre)
- Čákkálakkis / Čakkalaggen (2012 - The National Sami Theatre)
- Min duoddarat III / Våre vidder III (25 Feb. 2011 - The National Sami Theatre)
- Čákkálakkis / Čakkalaggen (2011 - The National Sami Theatre)
- Čákkálakkis / Čakkalaggen (26 Apr. 2010 - The National Sami Theatre)
- Peder Seier (8 Feb. 2006 - Nordland Theatre)
- DDB - Dance, Drum and Bass (2 Jun. 2005 - Musikk i Finnmark)
- Čákkálakkis / Čakkalaggen (1992 - The National Sami Theatre)
- Mind over Weather
- PÅ VEI / V PUTI
- Spindelvevjenta (Dansearena Nord)
- The Rookie (movie)
- Time for trouble/green grass (Tarebø-Myhre Produksjoner)
- Veslefrikk med saxene* (Little Freddy with the saxophones) (Musikk i Finnmark)
More about Stellaris Dance Theatre
Solveig Leinan-Hermo is responsible for Stellaris Dance Theatre’s enterprise and artistic activity. She is the theatre director, owns the enterprise and works steady, full time for it. Stellaris Dance Theatre now organises its scenic enterprise through different productions/projects by Solveig Leinan-Hermo. Stellaris Dance Theatre tours annually, mainly in the Barents region. In addition to producing and touring its own projects, Stellaris Dance Theatre collaborates with different institutions in Norway and abroad.
Staff is hired for the different projects. Many have been connected to the enterprise through several productions and have long experience together. Economically Stellaris Dance Theatre manages its scenic production through selling project concepts.
The enterprise is split in different areas: - Different scenic productions/performances by Solveig Leinan-Hermo – Collaboration projects - Touring - Stellaris - Dansearena Nord (formerly Nordnorsk landsdelscene for Dans/North-Norwegian regional Dance stage) - Stellaris Barents Project - Stellaris Young Choreographer Project – Stellaris Young Dancer project – Festivals including DanceFestival Barents – Classes and consulting
Stellaris Dance Theatre aims to:
- Produce new Norwegian dance for the stage.
- Contribute to developing dance as an artistic expression, also in collaboration with other artistic expressions.
- Being internationally oriented through touring and networking within the Barents region and The Cap of the North as emphasised areas. Northern Norway is particularly emphasized.
In addition to the enterprise of Stellaris Dance Theatre Solveig Leinan-Hermo worked to realise a Northern Norwegian regional stage for dance from the spring of 1990. Establishing Nordnorsk landsdelscene for Dans (North-Norwegian regional Dance stage/NND) has been a long and demanding process, through which it has been natural to collaborate closely with Stellaris Dance Theatre. In 2005 a deal between NND and Stellaris Dance Theatre was made. Stellaris accepted through this deal to maintain an activity naturally connected to the work areas of Stellaris Dance Theatre’s according to statutes and working plan.
Since 2003 Stellaris Dance Theatre has been responsible for Dance Festival Barents. The artistic and administrative activity within Dance Festival Barents formerly was connected to the daily management of Stellaris Dance Theatre due to the festival being run as a project by Stellaris DansTeater. Towards the end of 2008 the festival was made into a daughter company of Stellaris Dance Theatre. The aim is to develop it into an independent unit.
Stellaris Dance Theatre is part of a natural network with Barents Dance Council and the interest organization Forum for North Norwegian Dance Artists. Stellaris Dance Theatre also is a member of The Norwegian Association of Performing Arts/NAPA.