The Samovar Theatre
|Also known as||The Samovar/Samovarteatret/The Samovar Theater|
|Organisation type||Theatre company|
|Website||Samovarteateret (gammel side), SAMOVARTEATERET (ny side)|
About The Samovar Theatre
Samovarteateret AKA The Samovar Theatre AKA The Samovar is a project theatre managed by Bente S. Andersen and Turid Skoglund. Samovarteateret AKA The Samovar Theatre AKA The Samovar was established by Bente S. Andersen in 1990, and per 2011 the company has six steadily employed employees, plus between 20 and 50 employees engaged on project contracts during an average year.
Kirkenes lies in the heart of the Barents Region and for the theatre it is natural to find inspiration and stories in the Arctic region. To reflect contemporary times, including political currents in society, is among the pillars of the theatre company.Read more
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
- Vodka, vann og glasnost - en foxtrot for tre (17 Sep. 2013)
- Living Secretly (24 Oct. 2012)
- Radio Barents 111 (5 Feb. 2012)
- Så lenge skuta kan gå* (As long as the ship can sail) (22 Oct. 2010)
- Cold Fish (20 Oct. 2010)
- Mother Courage and Her Children (4 Feb. 2010)
- Ung, ny og naken i helvetes drittbygda* (Young, new and naked in the fucking shitty village) (13 Sep. 2009)
- Classic Culture Spa (29 Jan. 2009)
- In a corner of the world (4 Nov. 2008)
- Arctic Voices (31 Jan. 2008)
- Ellisif og Nikolay (7 Nov. 2007)
- Just a Stone's Throw away (15 Mar. 2007)
- Busses and stories (3 Feb. 2007)
- Klippen* (The Rock) (2 Nov. 2006)
- En som mæ* (One like me) (3 Apr. 2006)
- Snow (2 Feb. 2006)
- Spor i snø* (Traces in Snow) (3 Feb. 2005)
- Josef* (Joseph) (1 Dec. 2004)
- Mini Mini Minst* (Mini Mini Most Minimal) (1 Jan. 2004)
- Bølleberter og heltefiser på ville veier* (Bully Babes and Hero Farts Running Wild) (20 Sep. 2003)
- Historier fra en glemt koloni* (Stories from a forgotten colony) (21 Feb. 2003)
- Den som har begge beina på jorda står stille* (The one who has both feet planted on the ground stands still) (1 Sep. 2002)
- Bente S. Andersen - Artistic director samovar(alfakrøll)samovar.no
- Audhild Andersen - Administrative head
- Kathrine Kolgrov - Actor
- Turid Skoglund - Actor samovar(alfakrøll)samovar.no
- Nikolay Shchetnev - Dancer samovar(alfakrøll)samovar.no
More about The Samovar Theatre
Samovarteateret AKA The Samovar Theatre AKA The Samovar works locally, nationally and internationally, and annually produces 2-3 full-length productions touring in Norway, the Barents Region and Europe.
The theatre company has more than 20 years of experience from collaboration with national and international performing artists from Norway, the Barents Region and Europe.
SamovarteateretAKA The Samovar Theatre AKA The Samovar works under the motto "breaking boundaries", in the meaning that boundaries and borders create drama, and that drama created because of boundaries and borders has a distinct quality.
Since 1990 SamovarteateretAKA The Samovar Theatre AKA The Samovar has produced 44 different theatre productions with performing artists from 16 different countries, includingAzerbaijan, Poland, Spain, Turkey, Lithuania, Russia and the Nordic countries. To begin with Samovarteateret mostly collaborated with performers from Russia, Finland and Sweden. The recent years, also with people from the Baltic countries, Barcelona and Caucasus.
Samovarteateret AKA The Samovar Theatre AKA The Samovar also has given itself the assignment of performing newly written drama, in particular new drama with Northern Norwegian connections. The geographic location of Samovarteateret AKA The Samovar Theatre AKA The Samovar makes significant collaboration across borders possible.
Samovarteateret does research on linguistic and cultural onstage meetings with performers from different locations all over the world. Often the actors perform the texts in their own languages.
E-mail from Samovarteateret, 08.12.2011