|Premiére date||9 Sep. 2017|
|Produced by||The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag, Cirka Teater|
|Audience||Children, Adults, Youth (from 10)|
|Expressions||Theatre, Performance for the Family|
|Running period||9 Sep. 2017|
|Duration||Approximately 50 minutes|
|Website||Turnéteatret i Trøndelag, Cirka Teatret|
Garage (2017) is a theatre production for children by Cirka Teater and The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag.
Espen Dekko directed it.
The production was one of two opening performances in the new theatre building of The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag in Verdal 2017. It was next performed on tour in the county of Trøndelag. Garage also visited Bergen International Festival 2018, where it was performed in the venue Cornerteatret, and it visited the festival Heddadagene in Oslo the same year, where it was performed in Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre)'s venue Trikkestallen.
Garage received one award during The Hedda Award 2018. Gilles Berger won the prize in the best stage design/costume design category. In addition, the production was nominated for the award in the best production for children category.Read more
- Espen Dekko - Direction
- Martin Smidt - Composition
- Gilles Berger - Stage design
- Jenny Hilmo Teig - Costume design
- Gilles Berger - Actor
- Paal Viken Bakke - Actor
- Harald Øren - Photo
- Monica Stendahl Rokne - Producer
- Silje Michaela Kvalheim - Choreogreographic Assistant
- Ina Sæther Berger - Illustrator
- 13 Jun. 2018 18:00 - Oslo Nye Trikkestallen (Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre)) - Heddadagene - Show
- 12 Jun. 2018 18:00 - Oslo Nye Trikkestallen (Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre)) - Heddadagene - Show
- 29 May. 2018 18:00 - Cornerteateret (Cornerteateret) - Bergen International Festival - Show
- 28 May. 2018 18:00 - Cornerteateret (Cornerteateret) - Bergen International Festival - Show
- 27 May. 2018 17:00 - Cornerteateret (Cornerteateret) - Bergen International Festival - Show
- 30 Oct. 2017 18:00 - Namsos Kulturhus - Show
- 29 Oct. 2017 18:00 - Kulturhuset Grong - Show
- 30 Sep. 2017 14:00 - Lokstallen Stjørdal - Show
- 23 Sep. 2017 14:00 - Dampsaga Kulturhus - Show
- 13 Sep. 2017 18:00 - Black box (The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag) - Show
- 12 Sep. 2017 18:00 - Black box (The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag) - Show
- 9 Sep. 2017 17:00 - Black box (The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag) - Show
- 9 Sep. 2017 14:00 - Black box (The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag) - Worldwide premiere
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Garage
"Stage design rarely plays more of a role than the actors in a performance. The award in the best stage design/costume design this year goes to a performance where this is the case. Here, the stage design has the very leading role, and not even words such as creative, original or innovative suffice in describing it. The onstage expression moves between the funny and the surprising, the hysterical and the grandioso, the mechanical and the human. Preparations have been expansive, and the work has demanded much from the designer, measured in artistic insight as well as in technical craft. The final result seems like a work of art in itself.
The Hedda Award goes to Gilles Berger for Garage."
"With Garage, we wanted to make an immediate performance with another theatre aesthetic than what is most often associated with theatre for children. Through humour and fascination, we awaken curiosity in mechanics and creativity. A performance where the poetry lies within the ugly and unpolished, not in the aesthetically beautiful and pure.
Garage was developed in collaboration with Cirka Teater in Trondheim, and it has its world premiere in our new theatre venue September 9. Next, we go on tour, first in Northern Trøndelag the autumn of 2017.
There is no dialogue in the performance, but there is a lot of mechanics. The smallest process can be solved through major processes. As a result, this is a production for all nationalities."
"Two men, a chicken, and a great many machines.
In a messy workshop, there are two mechanics in dirty overalls. With immense fascination and passion for everything that ticks and moves they have made machines that will solve the challenges they meet in their everyday life.
These two men share their workshop with a chicken. Every day she provides food for the workers: a beautiful fresh egg. But what happens if the chicken should one day suddenly lay several eggs, or suddenly disappear completely?
Garage is a messy and humorous theatre performance about creative fever and humans as creative creatures."
Garage was produced with support from Norwegian Culture Fund (Arts Council Norway), the municipality of Trondheim and Spenn.
Import from the Scenekunst.no list of openings 28.08.2017
The Touring Theatre of Trøndelag, 06.04.2018, www.turneteatret.no, https://www.turneteatret.no/forestillinger/garage
Cirka Teater, cirkateater.no, 28.08.2017, http://cirkateater.no/en/#/garage-2017-coproduction/
Bergen International Festival, 06.04.2018, www.fib.no, http://www.fib.no/en/Programme/?TLp=1282378
The Hedda Award, www.heddaprisen.no, 18.06.2018, https://www.heddaprisen.no/vinnere/2018
The Hedda Award, www.heddaprisen.no, 18.06.2018, https://www.heddaprisen.no/nominerte/2018