The Wild Duck
|Premiére date||20 Oct. 1942|
|Produced by||Trøndelag Theatre|
|Based on||The Wild Duck by Henrik Ibsen|
|Number of events||28|
|Running period||20 Oct. 1942|
About The Wild Duck
The Wild Duck (1942) was a theatre production by Trøndelag Theatre, based on the play by Henrik Ibsen.
Trøndelag Theatre's director at the time, Henry Gleditsch, instructed it, and was meant to act in the role of Doctor Relling. But shortly before the planned opening October 6 he was arrested by the German occupants. He was executed October 7th.
Axel Thue interpreted the role of Gregers Werle.
Ingolf Rogde interpreted the role of Hjalmar Ekdal.
Siri Rom interpreted the role of Hedvig Ekdal.Read more
- Henrik Ibsen - Author
- Henry Gleditsch - Instruction
- Henry Johnsrud - Musical Management
- Oswald Sjøgren - Stage design
- Knut Jacobsen - Costume
- Axel Thue - Actor (Gregers Werle, hans sønn )
- Erik Melbye Brekke - Actor (En nærsynt herre)
- Eugen Skjønberg - Actor (Gamle Ekdal )
- Henry Gleditsch - Actor (Relling, lege)
- Inger Worren - Actor (Fru Sørby, grossererens husbestyrerinne )
- Ingolf Rogde - Actor (Hjalmar Ekdal, hans sønn, fotograf )
- Johan Fillinger - Actor (Bokholder Gråberg )
- Karl Bergmann - Actor (Grosserer Werle, verkseier )
- Knut Jacobsen - Actor (En blekfet herre )
- Kristian Hefte - Actor (Relling, lege)
- Signe Tharaldsen Ruud - Actor (Gina Ekdal, Hjalmars hustru )
- Siri Rom - Actor (Hedvig, deres datter, 14 år )
- Svend Soot von Düring - Actor (Molvik, forhenværende teolog /En tynnhåret herre )
- Svend Svendsen - Actor (Pettersen, grossererens tjener )
- Synnøve Gleditsch - Actor (Fru Sørby, grossererens husbestyrerinne )
- Wilfred Breistrand - Actor (Leietjener Jensen )
- 20 Oct. 1942 - Opening night
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about The Wild Duck
Despite the execution of Henry Gleditsch, Trøndelag Theatre's production of The Wild Duck was still performed, after a two-week long postponement of the opening, with Kristian Hefte in the role of Relling.
When curtain fell the opening night, the audience got to their feet and stood in silence before quietly leaving the auditorium. Nor was there any applause at the following performances of The Wild Duck.
Norsk Biografisk Leksikon on Henry Gleditsch, www.nbl.snl.no, 13.10.2014, https://nbl.snl.no/Henry_Gleditsch