Ghosts - Ibsen's Ghosts
|Premiére date||19 Sep. 2014|
|Produced by||The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet|
|Based on||Ghosts by Henrik Ibsen|
|Running period||19 Sep. 2014|
Ghosts - Ibsen's Ghosts is a dance production by The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, produced in 2014, and freely based on Ghosts by Henrik Ibsen. The production was performed at the opera's main stage.
Marit Moum Aune directed it, Cina Espejord choreographed it, and Nils Petter Molvær wrote music especially for the performance.
Ghosts - Ibsen's Ghosts by The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet was part of The International Ibsen Festival 2014.Read more
- Henrik Ibsen - Author
- Marit Moum Aune - Direction
- Cina Espejord - Choreography
- Nils Petter Molvær - Composition
- Even Børsum - Stage design
- Ingrid Nylander - Costume design
- Kristin Bredal - Lighting design
- Odd Reinhart Nicolaisen - Video/Film
- Andreas Heise - Dancer (Osvald / Kaptein Alving)
- Camilla Spidsøe Cohen - Dancer (Fru Alving, Osvalds mor)
- Grete Sofie Borud Nybakken - Dancer (Regine, tjenestejente)
- Mark Wax - Dancer (Ung pastor Manders)
- Natasha Jones - Dancer (Ung fru Alving)
- Ole-Willy Falkhaugen - Dancer (Pastor Manders)
- Yoshifumi Inao - Dancer (Snekker Engstrand, Regines far)
- Mikkel Skretting - Performer (Osvald som barn)
- Selma Smith Kvalvaag - Performer (Regine som barn)
- Jan Bang - Musician
- Nils Petter Molvær - Musician
- Torill Næsheim - Puppet maker
- 7 Oct. 2014 19:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Show
- 6 Oct. 2014 19:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Show
- 4 Oct. 2014 18:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Show
- 1 Oct. 2014 20:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Show
- 28 Sep. 2014 18:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Show
- 23 Sep. 2014 19:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Show
- 21 Sep. 2014 18:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Show
- 19 Sep. 2014 19:00 - Hovedscenen (The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet) - Worldwide premiere
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Ghosts
"Osvald Alving comes home from his free existence as an artist in Paris to a narrow fiord in Western Norway. Meeting people who do not communicate, Osvald responds through becoming ironic and distanced. Gradually he discovers more of the secrets weighing down the family, but also secrets within himself. His mother, Mrs. Alving, welcomes her son, whom she has longed for - and eventually she becomes aware of what, or who, he carries in his luggage.
'Ghosts is an inner thriller in which the persons uncover more and more of their own history. It is about how the unsaid can grow to become unsurpassable. Great courage is required if one is to confront the life-lie', says director Marit Moum Aune.
With the young, critically acclaimed choreographer Cina Espejord she tells the story of Ibsen's play as ballet. The two find that the story is suitable for dance, because its brutality, at an outer and an inner level, can measure up to the forces of dance."
Once before Marit Moum Aune and Nils Petter Molvær have collaborated in a production of Ibsen's Ghosts, at The Norwegian Touring Theatre in 2005. You may read more about that production here.
Einar Dahl's private archive, donated by Einar Dahl, 2016.11.11
The Norwegian National Opera & Ballet, http://operaen.no/Forestillinger/Ghosts--Ibsens-Gengangere/
The National Theatre, program for The Ibsen Festival 2014, http://www.nationaltheatret.no/Her+er+programmet!.b7C_wRnG5W.ips
Sceneweb on Ghosts at The Norwegian Touring Theatre 2005, http://sceneweb.no/en/production/41332/Ghosts-2005-3-12