|Premiére date||22 Feb. 2019|
|Produced by||Ibsen Theatre|
|Based on||Submission by Michel Houellebecq|
|Running period||22 Feb. 2019|
Submission (2019) was a theatre production by Ibsen Theatre, based on the novel by Michel Houellebecq, in a theatrical adaption by Tore Vagn Lid. The production was performed on tour, after opening at Ibsen Theatre in Skien.
Tore Vagn Lid directed it.
Stian Isaksen and Patrik A. Stenseth both played the role of François.Read more
- Michel Houellebecq - Author
- Tore Vagn Lid - Dramatised by
- Tom Lotherington - Translation
- Tore Vagn Lid - Direction
- Tore Vagn Lid - Composition
- Tore Vagn Lid - Musical Management (korleder)
- Mari Lotherington - Stage design
- Matilda Söderling - Costume design
- Glenn Erik Haugland - Sound design
- Ragnhild Trondsmo Haugland - Sound design
- Tore Vagn Lid - Sound
- Kristian Pedersen - Animation
- Kyrre Bjørkås - Video/Film
- Marina Popovic - Actor
- Mathilde Skarpsno - Actor
- Patrik Stenseth - Actor
- Stian Isaksen - Actor
- Ole Jørgen Løvaas - Sound technician
- Mathias Grønsdal Johannesen - Video technician (Audio-visuell teknikk)
Synger, spiller instrumenter, og opererer som skuespillere: Vilde Jønholt, Hanna Galdal, Maria Ivancevic, Synne Kristoffersen, Tormod Foldøy Hageberg og Sivert Svendsen Stette
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Submission
"The story is set against the French presidential election in the year of 2022, during which the moderate Muslim presidential candidate Mohammad Ben Abbas beats the right-wing populist Marine Le Pen. As a consequence, France starts to introduce increasingly stricter Islamic laws and rules.
In the middle of these dramatic events stands François; a near middle-aged professor in literature.
Whereas he lives his more or less privileged life, between lectures and surfing for porn, he observes how the welfare state of France crumbles, and selfishness rules. It suits him rather well, as he thinks - as he says - it must be possible just to 'go with the flow'.
In addition to Ibsen Theatre's four actors, a 'chorus' of six youths takes part, six pupils from the upper secondary school of Skien, majoring in music. They sing as well as play musical instruments, and they operate as actors in the performance."
Ibsen Theatre, teateribsen.no, 03.01.2019, http://www.teateribsen.no/index.php?page_id=4734