|Premiére date||2 Mar. 2019|
|Produced by||The National Theatre|
|Based on||Me Near by Arne Lygre|
|Running period||2 Mar. 2019|
About Me Near
Me Near (2019) was a theatre production by The National Theatre, based on the play by Arne Lygre. The production was performed in the theatre's venue Amfiscenen.
Sigrid Strøm Reibo directed it.
Kjersti Botn Sandal played the role of She.Read more
- Arne Lygre - Playwright
- Sigrid Strøm Reibo - Direction
- Mari Vatne Kjeldstadli - Dramaturge
- Katrin Nottrodt - Stage design
- Katrin Nottrodt - Costume design
- Juhani Silvola - Sound design
- Agnethe Tellefsen - Lighting design
- Anne Krigsvoll - Actor (En fremmed / En annen fremmed)
- Kim S. Falck-Jørgensen - Actor (En venn / En annen venn)
- Kjersti Botn Sandal - Actor (Hun)
- Trond Espen Seim - Actor (En kjæreste / En annen kjæreste)
- Hege Ramstad - Mask design
- Ada Behn - Props
- Lina Hallem - Stage manager
- Frode Finslo - Lighting supervisor
- Amanda Øiestad Nilsen - Prompter
- Vibeke Brathagen - Prompter
- Linda Braseth - Dresser
- Runi Sveen - Producer
- Kari N. Svendsby - Administration (Markedsansvarlig)
- Monica Lindanger - Administration (Informasjonsansvarlig)
- Cathrine Engehagen Bråthen - Costume production supervisor ( )
- Terje Melbye Larsen - Sound master
- Njål Øwre - Stage Manager
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Me Near
"She needs to change her life. She has thought about it for a long time. Get out of a relationship she's never felt fully settled in. Then, all of a sudden, her mother dies, and during the span of two days, everything changes. How could one singular event make you take control of all you've let slide for years?
The award-winning playwright Arne Lygre is known for his poetic and intimate texts about human relationships. As a resident playwright at The National Theatre, Lygre wrote Let You Be, the winner of The Hedda Award in the best text for the stage category in 2017.
The table is set for a daring fusion in the venue Amfiscenen, when director Sigrid Strøm Reibo and stage designer and costume designer Katrin Nottrodt now takes Me Near to the stage for the first time. For what happens when Lygre's subtle text meets the two acclaimed maximalists, known for their colourful, playful performances? You may remember the great success of As You Like It, performed at the main stage in 2017?
Me Near deals with meetings between longing people. In loneliness and quiet desperation, they seek for something else, something intangible. They cling to one another, while pushing each other away. It is about who we are for those we have always known, and who we could be for a stranger. About honesty and openness. What we say - and do not say. How we can have completely opposite identities in different constellations. About people who show up and disappear from our lives, or grab hold and put existence in play."
The National Theatre, 24.11.2018, www.nationaltheatret.no, https://www.nationaltheatret.no/forestillinger/meg-nar/