Human Circle 3:1
|Premiére date||23 Sep. 1999|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||The Human Circle 3:1 by Lars Norén|
|Number of events||38|
|Running period||23 Sep. 1999|
About Human Circle 3:1
Human Circle 3:1 was a theatre production produced by The Norwegian Theatre in 1999, based on the play by Lars Norén.
Björn Melander directed it.
Human Circle 3:1 by The Norwegian Theatre won The Hedda Award 2000 in the best production category.Read more
- Lars Norén - Playwright
- Ola E. Bø - Adapted by
- Jon Fosse - Translation
- Björn Melander - Direction
- Charles Koroly - Stage design
- Charles Koroly - Costume design
- Terje Wolmer - Lighting design
- Andrea Bræin Hovig - Actor (Jenta)
- Bernhard Ramstad - Actor (Skodespelaren)
- Bjørnar Lisether Teigen - Actor (Den unge)
- Hilde Olausson - Actor (Angelika)
- Jon Eivind Gullord - Actor (Johan)
- Jorunn Kjellsby - Actor (Kvinna)
- Lasse Kolsrud - Actor (Alkoholikaren)
- Marianne Krogh - Actor (Anna)
- Per Schaanning - Actor (Den schizofrene)
- Svein Erik Brodal - Actor (Direktøren)
- Sverre Bentzen - Actor (Den arbeidslause)
- Torgeir Fonnlid - Actor (Mannen)
- Trini Lund - Actor (Lena)
- Åsleik Engmark - Actor (Heiner)
- Nina Bloch - Mask design
- Thorild Bratten - Mask design
- Bjørn Klouman Bekken - Extra (Jesus-skikkelse)
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Human Circle 3:1
At the webpage of The Norwegian Theatre the following, among other things, is written about Human Circle 3:1:
"We see them in the city centres. They are those we avoid and never look into the eye. We turn our eyes away from them and pretend they do not exist. Lars Norén forces us to see these people; those we refer to as whores, madmen, druggies and drunkards. And if we look carefully we may recognise ourselves. Join us in a six hour long journey to the bottom of society.
'Through writing this play I want to make reparation to these people and to show that no society is stronger than its weakest link. If we do not see and take care of them and their experiences, we sentence our own society and lives to Armageddon, cold, lack of love and suppression.' This is what the writer Lars Norén says about his play.
Literary dive in our lives
Lars Norén is one of the most important writers in Western contemporary drama and he has been central in the repertoire of The Norwegian Theatre. With Human Circle 3:1 it is the fifth time we have a Norwegian opening of one of his plays since 1985, and the audience has been wise to attend.
Lars Norén has often described the bourgeoisie in writing drama about troubled families in elegant surroundings. With Human Circle 3:1 he changes his perspective and takes us to the other end of the ladder of society.
Human Circle 3:1 had its world premiere in February 1998. The critics hailed it and the production filled houses all over Sweden. The play is the start of a trilogy Norén calls 'Morire di Classe', or 'class death'. In the next part of the trilogy, The Shadow Boys (1999), we meet some of the prisoners in a closed institution for men guilty of severe crimes."
The Norwegian Theatre on Human Circle 3:1, www.detnorsketeatret.no, 13.11.2012, http://www.detnorsketeatret.no/index.php?option=com_play&view=play&playid=300&tab=1
Sceneweb on The Hedda Award 2000, www.sceneweb.no, 12.11.2012, http://www.sceneweb.no/en/awarding/23919/Heddaprisen_2000-2000