|Premiére date||13 Jan. 2018|
|Produced by||Trøndelag Theatre|
|Based on||Endgame by Samuel Beckett|
|Expressions||Theatre, Theatre of the absurd|
|Running period||13 Jan. 2018|
|Duration||ca 1 time og 40 minutter|
Endgame (2018) is a planned theatre production by Trøndelag Theatre, based on the play by Samuel Beckett. The production will be performed in the theatre's venue Gamle Scene.
Øyvind Brandtzæg directs it.
Trond Peter Stamsø Munch plays the role of Hamm.
Jon Lockert Rohde plays the role of Clov.Read more
- Samuel Beckett - Playwright
- Jan Erik Vold - Translation
- Øyvind Brandtzæg - Direction
- Kristian Seltun - Dramaturge
- Katrin Bombe - Stage design
- Katrin Bombe - Costume
- Eskild Johansen Næss - Sound design
- Roger Indgul - Lighting design
- Hallbjørn Rønning - Actor (Nagg)
- Jon Lockert Rohde - Actor (Clov)
- Trond Peter Stamsø Munch - Actor (Hamm)
- Wenche Strømdahl - Actor (Nell)
- Marianne Aunvik - Mask design
- Elisabeth A. K. Østergren - Props
- Nils-Johan Aarbu - Stage manager
- Marianne Kvande - Prompter
- Ragnar Fahsing - Stage Manager
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Endgame
"A bunker of raw concrete. Four invalid characters captured in a kind of everlasting end of time. Everyone else is gone, most likely.
Endgame (Fin de partie, 1957) plays out in a closed room, separate from all other life. We meet the blind Hamm, a wheelchair-user, and his servant Clov, who can't sit. They are alone, except for Hamm's parents, who live in garbage cans and are about to die. Through two small windows Clov can look out and report what happens in the world. This world seems to be without trace of life.
Nobel winner Samuel Beckett (1906-1989) is regarded among the foremost playwrights within absurd theatre. Absurd theatre revolves around human existence's fundamental injustice and distrust in development of human culture. Still, this isn't a particularly sombre theatre form. Far more typical is a morbidly dark sense of humour, affording the necessary distance to hopelessness."
Press release from Trøndelag Theatre, 06.11.2017, http://trondelag-teater.no/pressemeldinger/repertoaret-2018-pa-trondelag-teater/
Trøndelag Theatre, trondelag-teater.no, 14.11.2017, http://trondelag-teater.no/forestillinger/sluttspill/
Program 2018, Trøndelag Theatre, 20.12.2017, http://trondelag-teater.no/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/TrondelagTeater2018.pdf