The Wizard of Oz
|Premiére date||18 Jan. 2018|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Touring Theatre (Riksteatret)|
|Based on||The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Lyman Frank Baum|
|Expressions||Musical, Performance for children|
|Running period||18 Jan. 2018|
|Duration||Approximately 120 minutes|
About The Wizard of Oz
The Wizard of Oz (2018) is a planned theatre production by The Norwegian Touring Theatre, based on stories by Lyman Frank Baum. The production has its premiere at The Norwegian Touring Theatre's main stage, before it is performed on tour.
Alan Lucien Øyen directs it and choregraphs it.
Mari Lerberg Fossum plays the role of Dorothy.Read more
- Lyman Frank Baum - Author
- Bjørn Endreson - Translation
- Alan Lucien Øyen - Direction
- Alan Lucien Øyen - Choreography
- Bjørge Verbaan - Musical Management (Keyboard)
- Leiko Fuseya - Stage design
- Stine Sjøgren - Costume design
- Per Christian Revholt - Musical arrangement
- Martin Flack - Lighting design
- Martin Flack - Video/Film
- Anne Bolette Stang Eng - Actor (Tante Em / Glinda - Dden gode heksa frå Nord)
- Caroline Glomnes Johansen - Actor (Frøken Gultch / Den vonde heksa frå Vest)
- Eirik Risholm Velle - Actor (Hunk / Fugleskremslet)
- Jørn Morstad - Actor (Onkel Henry / Vakt i Smaragdbyen)
- Mari Lerberg Fossum - Actor (Dorothy)
- Sebastian Skytterud Myers - Actor (Hickory / Blekkboksmannen)
- Stig-Werner Moe - Actor (Professor Marvel / Trollmannen)
- Thomas Jørstad Pettersen - Actor (Zeke / Løva)
- Kay Hartvigsen - Musician (Bass)
- Magnhild Skomedal Torvanger - Musician (Fiolin - alternerer med Marius Røe Nåvik)
- Marius Røe Nåvik - Musician (Fiolin - alternerer med Magnhild Skomedal Torvanger)
- Martin Wister - Musician (Trommer og perkusjon)
- Wenche Viktorsdatter Paulsen - Producer
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about The Wizard of Oz
"We have all heard of Dorothy - the little girl who is whirled into a tornado, and swept into the magic land on the other side of the rainbow!
On her way to Emerald City and the Wizard she meets three strange characters - the Tin Man, who so dearly wishes he had a heart, the Scarecrow, who would so much like a brain to think with, and the Cowardly Lion, who hopes one day to become brave. But only when they have tackled the Wicked Witch will they find what they are really looking for- the faith in themselves, and the faith in others. And that is also when Dorothy can find her way home!
Many years have gone by since The Norwegian Touring Theatre last staged a proper musical. Finally, we are to do so again. And to make use of the chance, we have chosen one of the truly great classics: The Wizard of Oz. Nothing unites the audience across generations the way musical theatre does.
As Dorothy, you meet the new star Mari Lerberg Fossum. Earlier, she has had success as Sophie in Mamma Mia and Belle in Beauty and the Beast. The direction is by the multi-talent Alan Lucien Øyen, who in recent years has made himself a growing name, within and far outside of Norwegian borders."
Import from the Scenekunst.no list of openings 23.11.2017
The Norwegian Touring Theatre, riksteatret.no, 23.11.2017, https://www.riksteatret.no/repertoar/trollmannen-fra-oz/