The Wizard of Oz
|Premiére date||7 Nov. 2014|
|Based on||The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by Lyman Frank Baum|
|Expressions||Wandering Theatre, Performance for children|
|Running period||7 Nov. 2014|
About The Wizard of Oz
The Wizard of Oz was a wandering theatre production by Brageteatret, produced in 2014, and based on the universe from the children's books by L. Frank Baum, in a new adaption by Hilde Brinchmann.
Hilde Brinchmann also directed the production.
Tiril Heide-Steen played the role of Dorothy.
The Wizard of Oz won The Hedda Award 2015 in the best production for children and youth category.Read more
- Lyman Frank Baum - Author
- Joseph Angyal - Songlyrics
- Hilde Brinchmann - Dramatised by
- Hilde Brinchmann - Direction
- Paul Garbers - Stage design
- Helena Andersson - Costume
- Magnus Dahle Larsen - Sound design
- Thomas Evensen - Lighting design
- Cecilie Lundsholt - Actor (Den gode heksa Glinda / vakt i Smaragdbyen / Apefolk)
- Espen Mauno - Actor (Mauno / Fugleskremslet)
- Hedda Sandvig - Actor (Theodora / Gomler / vakt i Smaragdbyen)
- Jan-Egil Engnes - Actor (Trollmannen fra Oz / Gomler / Apefolk)
- Knut Steen - Actor (Løven / Gomler)
- Martha Kjørven - Actor (Tante Em / Blomsterbarn / vakt i Smaragdbyen / Apefolk)
- Mats Holm Ernstsen - Actor (Blikkmannen)
- Tiril Heide-Steen - Actor (Dorothy)
- Kjetil Moslåtten - Photo
- Helena Andersson - Mask design
- Hege Hermansen - Stage manager
- Kjetil Moslåtten - Technical director
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about The Wizard of Oz
The Hedda Jury gave the following reason for the award to The Wizard of Oz:
"The theatre offering for children and youth is often criticised for being artistically not very ambitious or innovative. Instead of experiments one chooses the traditional, in which the audience knows what to get, and gets what it thinks it wants. Because of this, it is delightful that several of this year's nominees in different ways challenge our expectations to what theatre for children and youth is, and how it can be done. This year's award winner met the children s desire for knowledge, curiosity and involvement in theatre with an extraordinary courageous openness, without losing the grip of the work s magic, direction or progression of plot. A unique and exclusive theatre experience in which a physically participating audience was permitted its own role in the fairytale.
The best production for children and youth award of the year goes to The Wizard of Oz."
Import from the Scenekunst.no list of openings 09.09.2014
The Hedda Award, heddaprisen.no, 20.05.2015, http://www.heddaprisen.no/pub/heddaprisen/main/?aid=1306
The Hedda Award, heddaprisen.no, 21.06.2015, http://heddaprisen.no/pub/heddaprisen/main/?aid=1367