Antons Villfaring* (Anton's Deviation)
|Premiére date||20 Apr. 2002|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||Antons Villfaring by Erlend Loe, Jan Eggum, Jan Eggum, Marit Moum Aune|
|Number of events||30|
|Expressions||Musical theatre, Theatre|
|Running period||20 Apr. 2002|
About Antons Villfaring* (Anton's Deviation)
Antons Villfaring* (Anton's Deviation)was a theatre production produced by The Norwegian Theatre in 2002, using a text by Erlend Loe and music by Jan Eggum.
Marit Moum Aune directed it.
*Not yet translated into English. The title within parentheses is the Norwegian title's literal meaning.Read more
- Erlend Loe - Playwright
- Jan Eggum - Songlyrics
- Marit Moum Aune - Adapted by
- Marit Moum Aune - Direction
- Hege Tvedt - Choreography
- Jan Eggum - Composer
- Svenn Erik Kristoffersen - Musical Management (El. piano og div. instrumenter)
- Ola E. Bø - Dramaturge
- John Kristian Alsaker - Stage design
- Ingrid Nylander - Costume design
- Terje Wolmer - Lighting design
- Bjarte Hjelmeland - Actor (Steinar, sonen)
- Erland Bakker - Actor (Anton som ung)
- Heidi Gjermundsen Broch - Actor (Rosa, forvirra opprørar eller jente med ambisjonar?)
- Iren Reppen - Actor (Lise, dottera)
- Jonas Digerud - Actor (Cupido / Engel)
- Monica Hjelle - Actor (Mai, den store ungdomskjærleiken)
- Rikke Schillinger - Actor (Sjukesøster / Engel)
- Svein Erik Brodal - Actor (Anton som eldre, slagpasient)
- Sverre Solberg - Actor (Legen)
- Torunn Robstad - Actor (Maja, kona til Anton)
- Ulrikke Greve - Actor (Sjukesøster / Engel)
- Frode Berg - Musician (Bassgitar og litt av kvart)
- Paolo Vinaccia - Musician (Trommer og div. ulydar)
- Stein Bull-Hansen - Musician (Gitarer og ellers ...)
- Stian Carstensen - Musician (Trekkspill, kaval-fløyte og litt til)
- Stig Wedvik - Mask design
- Svenn Erik Kristoffersen - Musical Instructor
More about Antons Villfaring* (Anton's Deviation)
Antons Villfaring* (Anton's Deviation)by The Norwegian Theatrereceived one Hedda award: John-Kristian Alsaker won The Hedda Award 2002 in the best visual design category for his stage design.
In addition Bjarte Hjelmeland was nominated for The Hedda Award 2002 in particularly excellent performance category for the role of Steinar.
At the webpage of The Norwegian Theatre the following, among other things, is written about Antons Villfaring:
"It started with 20 songs and a weird idea. A musical built on the texts by Jan Eggum, with a frame story and characters signed Erlend Loe. April 20 2002 an incredible project opened: Antons villfaring signed Erlend Loe, Jan Eggum and Marit Moum Aune.
In the centre of the plot is the stroke patient Anton. Around his sickbed stand the people closest to him, and the health personnel, waiting for the end, but inside of the old man's head it all starts over. Why did everything become the way it did - and what are the chances it could have been completely different? Underway, in flashbacks and detours we meet odd characters such as Steinar, Rosa, (confused rebel or a girl with ambition?) - and the alter ego of the elderly Anton; the indefatigable wondering David Attenborough."
The Norwegian Theatre on Antons Villfaring, www.detnorsketeatret.no, 06.11.2012,
Sceneweb on The Hedda Award 2002, www.sceneweb.no, 06.11.2012, http://www.sceneweb.no/en/awarding/23900/The_Hedda_Award_2002-2002
*Not yet translated into English. The title within parentheses is the Norwegian title's literal meaning.