Thursday the 14th of October - One must be alone and free from all human contact if one wish to embark upon an intellectual task.
|Premiére date||11 Sep. 1991|
|Coproducers||BIT Teatergarasjen, Black Box Teater|
|Running period||11 Sep. 1991|
- Asle Nilsen - Concept/Idea
- Lisbeth Bodd - Concept/Idea
- Lisbeth Bodd - Direction
- Asle Nilsen - Stage design
- Alexandra Boguslawski - Performer
- Anne Gjems - Performer
- Bo Krister Wallström - Performer
- Corinne Lyche Campos - Performer
- Helge Fromreide - Performer
- Håkon Hegnar - Performer
- Manuel Canteria - Performer
- Roger Wahl - Performer
- Vanessa Baird - Performer
Musikk: Yma Sumac
- 12 Oct. 1993 - Podewil (Podewil Center for Contemporary Arts) - Show
- 11 Oct. 1993 - Podewil (Podewil Center for Contemporary Arts) - Show
- 11 Oct. 1991 19:30 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival - Show
- 10 Oct. 1991 19:30 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Oslo Internasjonale Teaterfestival - Show
- 9 Oct. 1991 19:30 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 9 Oct. 1991 14:00 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 8 Oct. 1991 19:30 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 11 Sep. 1991 - BIT Teatergarasjen (BIT Teatergarasjen) - Worldwide premiere
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
Writer and date unknown, Bergens Arbeiderblad:
"It is completely absurd. But we can't keep from being captivated."
More about Thursday the 14th of October
In an information leaflet made by Verdensteatret in 2002 the following is written about Thursday 14th of October:
"This performance is more based on text and has less dance sequences than the first part. The performance takes up questions regarding art and the artist (August Strindberg). The setting is dominated by a huge landscape painting, and the entire room has an atmosphere of a museum.
The text is from: A. Strindberg, T. Bernhard, S. Beckett, V. Baird."
In the Black Box Teater program for October 1991 the following is written:
"The writer sits at his desk... Tenth year in a row - and still he hasn't been able to write a single word. In the second part of its October Trilogy, with a world wide premiere in Bergen September 11th, Verdensteatret keeps looking ironically/fragmentary on modern people's lack of contact with their own lives and surroundings."
Performance that is not clear from the performance date list:
Foundation Gulbenkian, Lisbon, Portugal
The October Trilogy was supported by Arts Council Norway.
Baktruppen's archive, donated by Baktruppen. 04.03.2011
Verdensteatret's archive, donated by Verdensteatret. 04.08.2010