|Organisation type||Artist company|
|Main focus||Multidisciplinary art, Dance|
|Established||2002 (closed 2013)|
Toyboys was established in 2002 by dancers and choreographers Ulf Nilseng and Terje Tjøme Mossige.
Both trained at The National Academy of Ballet, and have been performing as dancers in productions from Zero Visibility Corp., The Ingun Bjørnstad Project, Un-Magritt Productions, Det Motsatte Prosjekt (Jon Tombre) and Kreutzerkompani to mention a few.
With the abovementioned companies they have toured Norway and Europe.Read more
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
- Hanged Puff (14 Nov. 2013)
- Dans til folket: Forspill (19 Oct. 2012)
- Moment of Limitations (10 Oct. 2012)
- The man at the tramstop (7 Oct. 2011)
- LOVE and moving moments (6 Apr. 2011)
- There's nothing new under the sun (15 May. 2010)
- To be natural is such a very difficult pose to keep up (18 Mar. 2009)
- The man at the tramstop (16 Apr. 2008)
- Non Stop (14 Mar. 2007)
- Unshaved Conversations (9 Mar. 2006)
- Wolf, Wolf (15 Jun. 2005)
- Boyroom (28 Oct. 2004)
- While we are sleeping (24 Sep. 2002)
More about Toyboys
Toyboys fundamental artistic idea is to visualise the different through the company’s productions. Toyboys wishes to present tangible and abstract moments contributing to a wider understanding of what is "normal".
Toyboys aims for a floating understanding of identity and accept for several parallel existing gender categories not limiting, but expanding our understanding of identity and "the other".
Toyboys finds the different interesting. The company seeks to present identity not built around narrow frames and prejudiced roles.
"We find it a self-evident truth that all humans are born equal and with equal rights to life, choice of gender identity, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
Toyboys' webpage and the program texts connected to the performances.