|Premiére date||14 Mar. 1940|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||Kjærleik* (Love) AKA Kjærlighet* (Love) by Kaj Munk|
|Number of events||29|
|Expressions||Theatre, Drama, 2nd World War|
|Running period||14 Mar. 1940 — 8 Apr. 1940|
About Kjærleik* (Love)
Kjærleik* (Love) (1940) was a theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre, based on a play by Kaj Munk. The production was performed in the theatre's facilities in Bøndenes Hus.
Knut Hergel directed it.
Harald Heide Steen played the role of the priest Einar Kargo.
The production was last performed April 8, 1940. April 9 the theatre shut due to the German invasion of Norway.
*Not yet translated into the English. The title within parentheses is the Norwegian title's literal meaning.Read more
- Kaj Munk - Playwright
- Åsmund Sveen - Translation
- Knut Hergel - Direction
- Adolf Kristoffer Nielsen - Musical Management
- Arne Walentin - Stage design
- Alf Sommer - Actor (Prosten)
- Alv Hjørnevik - Actor (Sofus)
- Astrid Sommer - Actor (Kona til Simon)
- Carl Habel - Actor (Søren Skandborg)
- Dagny Gurvin - Actor (Maren, kona til Sylvester)
- Edvard Drabløs - Actor (Bispen)
- Einar Tveito - Actor (Sylvester Andreassen)
- Eva Sletto - Actor (Sofie)
- Harald Heide Steen - Actor (Einar Kargo, prest)
- Helge Essmar - Actor (Simon)
- Henny Skjønberg - Actor (Hanne)
- Lars Tvinde - Actor (Peder Andersen)
- Leonora Hergel - Actor (Rebekka , Peders datter)
- Pehr Qværnstrøm - Actor (Andreas Sønderklitt)
- Sigurd Sveen - Actor (Lars Skomakar)
- Tordis Maurstad - Actor (Ingeborg, kona til Anton)
- Tove Bryn Haaland - Actor (Frk. Madsen)
- Åsta Voss - Actor (Kona til Sofus)
- Øyvind Øyen - Actor (Anton Thomsen)
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Kjærleik* (Love)
Repertoire at The Norwegian Theatre 1913-2014. Transferred to Sceneweb 08.09.2015.
The National Library of Norway, playbill transferred to Sceneweb 04.10.2017.