Long Day's Journey into Night
|Premiére date||26 Oct. 1961|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||Long Day's Journey into Night by Eugene O'Neill|
|Number of events||102|
|Running period||26 Oct. 1961|
|Website||Norsk Biografisk Leksikon|
About Long Day's Journey into Night
Long Day's Journey into Night(1961) was a theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre, based on the play by Eugene O'Neill. The production was performed in the theatre's venue in Stortingsgaten, Oslo.
Tormod Skagestad directed it.
Tordis Maurstad played the role of Mary Tyrone.
Alfred Maurstad played the role of James Tyrone.
Rolf Søder and Toralv Maurstad played the roles of the sons Jamie and Edmund.
Long Day's Journey into Night was also performed on tour, during which 16 performances were given. Among other places, the production visited The National Stage, Bergen.Read more
- Eugene O'Neill - Playwright
- Arthur Klæbo - Translation
- Tormod Skagestad - Direction
- Arne Walentin - Stage design
- Alfred Maurstad - Actor (James Tyrone)
- Marit Bolling - Actor (Cathleen, hushjelp)
- Rolf Søder - Actor (James Tyrone, Tyrones eldeste sønn)
- Toralv Maurstad - Actor (Edmund Tyrone, Tyrones yngste sønn)
- Tordis Maurstad - Actor (Mary Cavan Tyrone, James Tyrones kvinne)
- Carl Habel - Stage manager
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Long Day's Journey into Night
Repertoire at The Norwegian Theatre 1913-2014. Transferred to Sceneweb 08.09.2015.
The National Stage's repertoire database, donated by The National Stage/TheTheatre Archive at the University of Bergen, 24.06.2016
The National Library of Norway, transferred to Sceneweb 15.10.2015.
The encyclopaedia Norsk Biografisk Leksikon, nbl.snl.no, 22.09.2017, https://nbl.snl.no/Rolf_Søder