|Premiére date||7 Oct. 2017|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs by Brødrene Grimm|
|Audience||All (from 6)|
|Expressions||Fairytale, Performance for children , Musical|
|Running period||7 Oct. 2017|
|Website||Det Norske Teatret|
About Snow White
Snow White (2017) is a musical theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre, based on the fairy-tale by the Brothers Grimm, in a theatrical adaption by Maria Tryti Vennerød and with a musical score by Julian Skar. The production is performed at the theatre's main stage.
Kjersti Haugen directs it.
Charlotte Frogner plays the role of Snow White.
Ingeborg Sundrehagen Raustøl plays the role of her mother, who in this production is the biological mother, and not a stepmother.
The Norwegian Theatre recommends a lower age-limit of six years.Read more
- Brødrene Grimm - Author
- Julian Skar - Dramatised by
- Maria Tryti Vennerød - Dramatised by
- Kjersti Haugen - Direction
- Belinda Braza - Choreography
- Ståle Sletner - Musical Management (Tangenter)
- Anders Hasmo Dahl - Dramaturge
- Unni Walstad - Stage design
- Unni Walstad - Costume design
- Christopher Woxholtt - Sound design
- Torkel Skjærven - Lighting design
- Amanda Kamara - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Amina Sewali - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Audun Sandem - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Catharina Vu - Actor (Skogsskapning)
- Charlotte Frogner - Actor (Snøkvit)
- Hermann Sabado - Actor (Gartnarguten Jan Grøn)
- Ingeborg Sundrehagen Raustøl - Actor (Dronninga)
- Joakim H. Ousdal - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Jon Vegard Hovdal - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Kai Kenneth Hanson - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Nina Woxholtt - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Paul Åge Johannessen - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Peiman Azizpour - Actor (Skogsskapning)
- Ragnhild Meling Enoksen - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Sarah Francesca Brænne - Actor (Hoff / Dverg)
- Birger Mistereggen - Musician (Slagverk)
- Maria Alejandra Conde Campos - Musician (Cello)
- Ole Marius Melhuus - Musician (Bass)
- Sarah Bye - Musician (Fiolin)
- Svenn Erik Kristoffersen - Musical Instructor
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Snow White
"Snow White rebels against the tyranny of beauty.
To have a mother who is Queen and the world's greatest beauty, to live in a castle with a whole court ready to help with anything, to be a princess - it sounds like a fairy-tale. And this is how life is, for Snow White.
Snow White and her mother see themselves reflected in mirrors and in one another. Up until the day when Snow White suddenly finds that the princess crown is in the way and that the belt of her dress is too tight and that she wants to do something entirely different- in her own way. For instance, she wants to explore the secret world outside of the castle of mirrors, where the gardener boy Jan Grøn (literally: Green) has his domain. The Queen thinks this a bad idea. She wants Snow White to keep looking into the mirror and to practise being the world's greatest beauty.
Maria Tryti Vennerød and Julian Skar's mirror image Snow White musical is based on the well-known fairy-tale by the Brothers Grimm. At the same time, this story is brand new: Snow White rebels against her own mother and herself. She wants to find out who she is and what is her truth."
Import from the Scenekunst.no list of openings 05.09.2017
The Norwegian Thetre, www.detnorsketeatret.no, 05.09.2017, http://www.detnorsketeatret.no/framsyningar/snokvit/