|Premiére date||23 May. 2017|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre, Goksøyr & Martens|
|In collaboration with||Norwegian Centre for New Playwriting (NCNP)|
|Running period||23 May. 2017|
|Website||Det Norske Teatret|
About 11 years
11 years (2017) was a theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre in collaboration with Goksøyr & Martens and Dramatikkens hus. The production uses text by Toril Goksøyr and Camilla Martens, inspired by interviews the two have made with parents, children, school employees and scientific researchers. The production was performed at the theatre's main stage.
Toril Goksøyr and Camilla Martens directed it.
11 years was nominated for The Hedda Award 2017 in the production of the year category. It was nominated for Norwegian Critics' Award for theatre the same year.Read more
- Camilla Martens - Playwright
- Toril Goksøyr - Playwright
- Camilla Martens - Concept/Idea
- Toril Goksøyr - Concept/Idea
- Camilla Martens - Direction
- Toril Goksøyr - Direction
- Anders Hasmo Dahl - Dramaturge
- Ingrid Weme Nilsen - Dramaturge
- Olav Ryland Myrtvedt - Stage design
- Olav Ryland Myrtvedt - Costume design
- Fredric Vogel - Sound design
- Ingeborg Staxrud Olerud - Lighting design
- Agnes Kittelsen - Actor (Rektoren)
- Benjamin Haug Hagen - Actor (Sonen)
- Jon Bleiklie Devik - Actor (Faren)
- Julie Moe Sandø - Actor (Mora)
- Kjersti Dalseide - Actor (Læraren)
- Oddgeir Thune - Actor (Lærarens mann)
- 14 Jun. 2017 18:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 13 Jun. 2017 18:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 11 Jun. 2017 17:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 11 Jun. 2017 14:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 10 Jun. 2017 16:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 9 Jun. 2017 18:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
More about 11 years
"A young teacher undergoes an experience in which one of her pupils, an eleven-year-old girl, is involved in a fateful event. Now, the teacher is to meet the parents and the school's headmaster. In her bag, there is something she's forgotten to mention.
The duo Goksøyr & Martens lets the project take place in the public room. It is about everyday life, those days which there are most of. We are in the school yard, and the situation is familiar to most people. One of the children at school, has long felt excluded. Now, her everyday life is slowly unveiled. Who is to blame for the fatal action of the eleven-year old?
In 11 years, the duo of directors moves into The Norwegian Theatre's main stage. The spectators are placed in scaffolds, four meters tall. From here, they can look down into a school yard with climbing play structures, swings and benches. Via headphones, the audience can follow the dialogue within a class room at the school.
The story of the production isn't of one single child, but it is based on interviews with several parents, children, school employees and scientists. From this material, Goksøyr and Martens have written a story playing out for two hours an autumn afternoon.
The company was established in 1997 by Toril Goksøyr and Camilla Martens. They use documentary strategies in their work, authentic elements connection art to reality."
The company Goksøyr & Martens is supported by Arts Council Norway.
The Norwegian Theatre, www.detnorsketeatret.no, 27.10.2016, http://www.detnorsketeatret.no/framsyningar/11-ar/
The Hedda Award, www.heddaprisen.no, https://www.heddaprisen.no/nominerte/2017
Norwegian Critics' Association, www.kritikerlaget.no, 26.08.17, http://kritikerlaget.no/saker/de-nominerte-til-kritikerprisene-for-teater-musikk-og-dans-1202