|Premiére date||13 Nov. 1918|
|Produced by||The National Theatre|
|Based on||Medea by Evripides|
|Running period||13 Nov. 1918|
Medea (1918) was a theatre production by The National Theatre, based on the tragedy by Euripides.
Johanne Dybwad directed it.
Johanne Dybwad also interpreted the title role.
Oliver Neerland painted the decorations. This was also the beginning of a long collaboration between Johanne Dybwad and Neerland.
Medea is regarded as Dybwad's final break with realism. The production became the season's greatest audience success.Read more
- Evripides - Playwright
- Rolf Hiorth-Schøyen - Translation
- Johanne Dybwad - Direction
- Johan Halvorsen - Music
- Oliver Neerland - Stage design
- August Oddvar - Actor (Jason)
- David Knudsen - Actor (Kreon, konge i Korinth)
- Halvard Hoff - Actor (Aegeus, konge i Athen)
- Ingolf Schanche - Actor (Et sendebud)
- Johanne Dybwad - Actor (Medea)
- Nicolai Halvorsen - Actor (En gammel slave)
- Sophie Reimers - Actor (Ammen)
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Medea
The National Theatre, forest.nationaltheatret.no, 18.10.2016, http://forest.nationaltheatret.no/Productions/Details/8a61d247-6f5c-4a8f-b763-928d9fe6774f
Normann, Axel Otto: Johanne Dybwad. Gyldendal Norsk Forlag, Oslo 1937