|Premiére date||14 May. 1946|
|Produced by||The National Stage|
|Based on||Barrabas by Nordahl Grieg|
|Number of events||15|
|Running period||14 May. 1946|
Barrabas (1946) was a theatre production by The National Stage, based on the play by Nordahl Grieg. It was performed at the theatre's main stage.
Stein Bugge directed it.
Børseth Rasmussen played the title role.
Eilif Armand played the role of Jesus.
The production was performed in the memory of Nordahl Grieg, with a prologue by Gunnar Reiss-Andersen (read by the writer) and an epilogue by Olav Simonnæs (read by Børseth Rasmussen), plus a performance of Sverre Jordan's national hymn Norge (Norway) with a text by Nordahl Grieg (La Norge fylle vårt hjerte, literally: Let Norway fill our hearts).Read more
- Nordahl Grieg - Playwright
- Stein Bugge - Direction
- Sverre Jordan - Music
- Per Schwab - Stage design
- Andreas Bjarke - Actor (Kaifas)
- Børseth Rasmussen - Actor (Barrabas)
- Eilif Armand - Actor (Jesus)
- Erling Lindahl - Actor (Pilatus)
- Ragnhild Michelsen - Actor
- Sverre Næss - Actor (Nikodemus)
- Thor Hjorth-Jenssen - Actor (Sønn av Nikodemus)
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Barrabas
The National Stage's repertoire database, donated by The National Stage, 24.06.2016
Knut Nygaard and Eiliv Eide, Den Nationale Scene 1931-1976 (literally: The National Stage 1931-1976), Gyldendal Norsk Forlag 1977