|Premiére date||30 Oct. 2015|
|Produced by||Ingri Midgard Fiksdal Dans|
|Coproducers||Black Box Teater, BIT Teatergarasjen, Rosendal Teater, APAP, Kunstencentrum BUDA, MDT|
|Running period||30 Oct. 2015|
|Website||Black Box Teater|
About Cosmic Body
Cosmic Body (2015) is a performing arts production by Ingri Fiksdal.
Ingrid Fiksdal choreographed it.
Signe Becker, Tilo Hahn and Mia Melinder were nominated for The Hedda Award 2016 in the best stage design/costume design category for their stage design and costume design for Cosmic Body.Read more
- Ingri Midgard Fiksdal - Choreography
- Ingvild Langgård - Music
- Signe Becker - Stage design
- Mia Melinder - Costume
- Signe Becker - Costume
- Tilo Hahn - Lighting design
- Anne-Mareike Hess - Performer
- Imre Vass - Performer
- Martin Lervik - Performer
- Pernille Holden - Performer
- Jan Harald Ovrum - Lighting technician
- Nicole Schuchardt - Producer
- Rosalind Goldberg - Consultant (outside eye)
- Venke Marie Sortland - Consultant (outside eye)
- Eva Grainger - Administration
- 18 Mar. 2016 - Studio Bergen (BIT Teatergarasjen) - Show
- 17 Mar. 2016 - Studio Bergen (BIT Teatergarasjen) - Show
- 6 Mar. 2016 - Store scene Black Box Teater (Marstrandgata) (Black Box Teater) - Oslo International Theatre Festival - Show
- 5 Mar. 2016 - Store scene Black Box Teater (Marstrandgata) (Black Box Teater) - Oslo International Theatre Festival - Show
- 1 Nov. 2015 - Store scene Black Box Teater (Marstrandgata) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 31 Oct. 2015 - Store scene Black Box Teater (Marstrandgata) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 30 Oct. 2015 19.00 - Store scene Black Box Teater (Marstrandgata) (Black Box Teater) - Worldwide premiere
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Cosmic Body
"The perpetuum mobile is based on a hypothetical idea that perpetual motion can be maintained without external energy sources. This opposes the first and second laws of thermodynamics, but has not stopped physicists from searching for Utopia. Even the cosmos is regulated by the laws of thermodynamics. The cosmos is the opposite of chaos, and was established by the scientist Pythagoras as a term for the universe. Cosmic Body is a thoroughly composed gesamtkünstwerk in which Krautrock's Kosmische Musik meets Einstein on the Beach and minimalist composer Terry Riley. The result is an ambient, uninsisting room. Cosmic Body requires an expansion of the New Age concept 'deep listening' into 'deep spectatorship' and can be seen as performing arts' answer to perpetuum mobile.
Ingri Midgard Fiksdal is a choreographer, currently a research fellow of Oslo National Academy of the Arts. Fiksdal's works deal with perception and affectivity, and she puts equal emphasis on elements within her performances - music, lighting, stage design, costume and dance/choreography. The audience is always integral to the works, which aim to create temporary collectives between performers and spectators. In this connection, collectivity refers to attention modes and sensory transmission, rather than interactivity."
Supported by: Arts Council Norway, Norwegian Artistic Research Programme.
The production was part of Oslo International Theatre Festival 2016.
Black Box Teater, blackbox.no, 20.09.2015, http://www.blackbox.no/tittel/cosmic-body/
Import from the Scenekunst.no list of openings 29.09.2015