|Premiére date||6 Sep. 1945|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||Antigone by Sofokles|
|Number of events||57|
|Running period||6 Sep. 1945|
Antigone (1945) was a theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre, based on the play by Sophocles. The production was the first The Norwegian Theatre had done of the play. It was staged at the theatre's main stage.
Knut Hergel directed it.
Tordis Maurstad interpreted the title role.
Johan Norlund played the role of Creon.Read more
- Sofokles - Playwright
- Eirik Vandvik - Translation
- Knut Hergel - Direction
- Gerd Kjølaas - Choreography
- Arne Walentin - Stage design
- Adolf Kristoffer Nielsen - Musical arrangement
- Dagny Gurvin - Actor (Evrydike, dronning)
- Edvard Drabløs - Actor (Korføraren)
- Eva Sletto - Actor (Ismene, Antigones søster)
- Harald Heide Steen - Actor (Ein bodberar)
- Johan Norlund - Actor (Kreon)
- Lars Tvinde - Actor (Teiresias, ein blind spåmann)
- Pehr Qværnstrøm - Actor (Ein vaktmann)
- Tordis Maurstad - Actor (Antigone)
- Øyvind Øyen - Actor (Haimon, sønn tilt Kreon)
- Fernanda Sparre Smith - Dancer (Lagnadsgudinner)
- Hans Kjølaas - Dancer
- Liv Brodtkorb - Dancer (Lagnadsgudinner)
- Marit Frogner - Dancer (Lagnadsgudinner)
The list is incomplete.
- 6 Sep. 1945 - Det Norske Teatrets Hovedscene i Stortingsgaten 16 (The Norwegian Theatre, The Norwegian Theatre) - Opening night
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Antigone
The National Library of Norway, performance program transferred to Sceneweb 21.10.2015.
The Norwegian Theatre's repertoire database, donated by The Norwegian Theatre 08.09.2015.
Næss, Trine. (2009, February 13). Arne Walentin. From Norsk biografisk leksikon. Hentet 3. januar 2014 fra http://nbl.snl.no/Arne_Walentin.