|Premiére date||10 Mar. 2007|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||The Notebook by Ágota Kristóf|
|Number of events||28|
|Running period||10 Mar. 2007|
|Duration||1t 25min uten pause|
|Website||DET NORSKE TEATRET|
About The Twins
Twins (2007) was a theatre production produced by The Norwegian Theatre. Twins was based on the first book in a novel trilogy by Agota Kristof, adapted for the theatre by Jon Fosse.Read more
- Ágota Kristóf - Author
- Jon Fosse - Dramatised by
- Torkil Sandsund - Direction
- Cecilia Ölveczky - Dramaturge
- Kari Gravklev - Stage design
- Kari Gravklev - Costume design
- Gyril Høgberg - Lighting design
- Anne Ryg - Actor (Mor)
- Espen Løvås - Actor (Postmann / Politibetjent)
- Frank Kjosås - Actor (Gut)
- Grethe Ryen - Actor (Nabokona)
- Hildegun Riise - Actor (Bestemor)
- Kenneth Homstad - Actor (Gut)
- Marte Tangen - Actor (Hareskår)
- Pia Tjelta - Actor (Jenta)
- Svein Roger Karlsen - Actor (Offiser / Far)
- Øyvin Berven - Actor (Sokneprest)
- Stig Wedvik - Mask design
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about The Twins
In The Norwegian Theatre's production of Twins, Frank Kjosås and Kenneth Homstad played the twins, Hildegunn Riise had the role of their grandmother and Anne Ryg their mother.
Marte Tangen, Grethe Ryen, Pia Tjelta, Øyvin Berven, Svein Roger Karlsen and Espen Løvås played the rest of the roles.
Hildegun Riise won The Hedda Award 2007 in the best supporting actress category for the role of the grandmother.
The Hedda Jury gave the following reason:
"This year's winner is one of the strong forces at the theatre she came to once she had graduated from The National Academy of Theatre, for which she still works today, more than 20 years later. In the meantime she has interpreted a wide spectrum of different female roles, not just onstage, but also in the movies and TV series. She gets the award for her effort in an ensemble piece in which she gives life to the brutality and moral decline of war. Her presence provides the whole production with power.
The best supporting actress award goes to Hildegunn Riise for her interpretation of the grandmother in Agota Kristof's Twins, dramatised and directed by Torkil Sandsund, The Norwegian Theatre the spring of 2007."
In addition Torkil Sandsund was nominated for The Hedda Award 2007 in the best direction category, and Kari Gravklev was nominated in the category of best visual design.
The Hedda Award
Det Norske Teatret, detnorsketeatret.no, 16.07.2012, http://www.detnorsketeatret.no/index.php?option=com_play&view=play&playid=144