|Premiére date||5 Mar. 2003|
|Produced by||Temte Productions|
|Based on||Polar by Kyrre Andreassen|
|Audience||Youth, Adults (from 16)|
|Running period||5 Mar. 2003 — 13 May. 2003|
|Duration||1 hour and 15 minutes|
Polar by Temte Productions was about two men in a desolate place: Fridtjof Nansen and Hjalmar Johansen and their stay in Franz Josef Land, where they fought to survive under extreme conditions.Read more
- Kyrre Andreassen - Playwright
- Marcelino Martin Valiente - Direction
- Thomas Melby - Visual design (Grafisk formgiver)
- Thea Glimsdal Temte - Costume
- Jean Vincent Kerebel - Lighting design
- Rune Temte - Actor
- Sven Nordin - Actor
- Espen Andersen - Producer
- Thomas Melby - Producer
- Morten Thomte - Consultant (Dramaturgikonsulent)
- 13 May. 2003 - Hovden Kulturhus - Show
- 9 May. 2003 - Store sal, Forum i Molde (Teatret Vårt (Our Theatre)) - Show
- 3 May. 2003 - Studioscenen (Trøndelag Theatre) - Show
- 2 May. 2003 - Studioscenen (Trøndelag Theatre) - Show
- 1 May. 2003 - Studioscenen (Trøndelag Theatre) - Show
- 30 Apr. 2003 - Studioscenen (Trøndelag Theatre) - Show
- 8 Apr. 2003 - Teatersalen, Førdehuset (Teater Vestland) - Show
- 3 Apr. 2003 - Hallen (The Open Theatre (Det Åpne Teater)) - Show
- 2 Apr. 2003 - Hallen (The Open Theatre (Det Åpne Teater)) - Show
- 1 Apr. 2003 - Hallen (The Open Theatre (Det Åpne Teater)) - Show
- 26 Mar. 2003 - Teatersalen (Lillestrøm Kultursenter) - Show
- 25 Mar. 2003 - Store scene, Festiviteten i Skien (Ibsen Theatre) - Show
- 23 Mar. 2003 - Nøtterøy Kulturhus - Show
- 18 Mar. 2003 - Studioscenen (Drammens Teater) - Show
- 5 Mar. 2003 - Studioscenen (Drammens Teater) - Worldwide premiere
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
Marit Elise Lyngstad, Fengslende Polar(literally: Capturing Polar), 12.05.2003, Romsdals budstikke:
"With an intense, driving script and complex characters portrayed by excellent actors this becomes a really good theatre experience."
Grete Indahl, To menn i isøde (literally: Two men in the Ice Desert), 07.04.2003, Klassekampen [Oslo]:
"The play revolves around the existential mystery – about the meaning of life – and in this way, it threads in the absurd steps of the English (sic**) playwright Samuel Beckett. Kyrre Andreassen has phrased two male characters filled with contradictions, relating to each other as if they were strangers."
**Samuel Beckett was Irish, and lived most of his life in France.
More about Polar
In Polar by Temte Productions the audience met Fridtjof Nansen and Hjalmar Johansen during their stay in the Arctic Archipelago in Franz Josef Land. This was what fascinated the actor and producer Rune Temte and director Marcelino Valiente. The polar researchers’ nine months in the same sleeping bag were the basis for the text they asked Kyrre Andreassen to write.
The result is Polar, a play about two painters, a large job and a defect electricity generator. It was about what can happen when two persons have to go through an extreme ordeal and both mind and body threaten to fail.
In Polar the stage design was minimalistic. The production was performed in a bare stage room in which the stage design consisted of different materials connected to a construction site. The lightening was simple and the production was made to be moved and rigged in new venues in a short time.
Temte Productions, temte.no, 15.11.2010, http://temte.no/sider/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26%3Apolar&catid=10%3Atidligere-prosjekter&Itemid=11&lang=nb