Nila og den store reisa* (Nila and the great journey)
|Premiére date||13 Oct. 2018|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||Nila og den store reisa* (Nila and the great journey) by Maria Kjærgaard-Sunesen|
|Audience||Families (from 6)|
|Expressions||Theatre, Performance for the Family|
|Running period||13 Oct. 2018|
|Website||Det Norske Teatret|
About Nila og den store reisa* (Nila and the great journey)
Nila og den store reisa* (Nila and the great journey) (2018) is a theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre, the world premiere of a play by Maria Kjærgaard-Sunesen. The play is inspired by fairytales from all over the world. The production is performed at the theatre's main stage.
Maria Kjærgaard-Sunesen directs it.
Catharina Vu plays the role of Nila.
Lasse Kolsrud og Hans Rønningen play the role of Nila's grandfather.
*Not yet translated into the English. The title within parentheses is the Norwegian title's literal meaning.Read more
- Maria Kjærgaard-Sunesen - Playwright
- Ruth Lillegraven - Translation
- Maria Kjærgaard-Sunesen - Direction
- Belinda Braza - Choreography
- Anders Ortman - Music
- Ståle Sletner - Musical Management (Kapellmester)
- Ingrid Weme Nilsen - Dramaturge
- Mie Riis - Stage design
- Unni Walstad - Costume design
- Clement Irbil - Lighting design
- Emil Rodrigo Jørgensen - Actor (Yasin)
- Amanda Kamara - Actor (Aisha)
- Carl Martin Prebensen - Actor (Naima)
- Catharina Vu - Actor (Nila)
- Gjertrud Jynge - Actor (Dragen, Morgana m.fl.)
- Hans Magnus Ryan - Actor (Serdal)
- Hans Rønningen - Actor ( Bestefar Musa)
- Ingrid Jørgensen Dragland - Actor (Mor, Delphine m.fl.)
- Joakim H. Ousdal - Actor (Hussein)
- Kim Fairchild - Actor (Rana)
- Lasse Kolsrud - Actor ( Bestefar Musa)
- Marvin Amoroso - Actor (Far, Måka Ailos m.fl.)
- Mikkel Gythfeldt - Actor (Naima)
- Ragnhild Meling Enoksen - Actor (Rana, Sønnavinden m.fl.)
- Richard Lessey - Actor (Thara )
- Sigurd Andreas Vespestad Marthinussen - Actor (Said)
- Sindre Bjørke Høyang - Actor (Said)
- Bjarne Magnus Jensen - Musician (Fiolin)
- Christian Svensson - Musician (Slagverk)
- Silje Haugan - Musician (Fiolin)
- Ståle Sletner - Musician (piano)
- Uno Vesje - Musician (Harpe)
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Nila og den store reisa* (Nila and the great journey)
"The family and the youngest can visit both the main stage and Scene 2 this autumn. At the main stage, a new fairytale project is sailing in. Nila og den lange reisa (SIC) is the title of a recently written play based on fairytales from all over the world, making up a story about the power of imagination. Nila is fleeing war with her grandfather, and along they have brought their abilities to see colours and magic in a situation that is rather hopeless. At Scene 2, we get to meet HyPer. He is ten years old and has ants in his pants. In school, he is the troublesome child in his class, and essentially, the response he gets is negative. But then his headmaster discovers that they share an interest in the old Egypt. Petter Næss directs HyPer i Egypt* (HyPer in Egypt), based on Thor Soltvedt's popular books about HyPer."
"Nila has an amazing, colourful imagination that can conjure the most incredible stories about dragons and princes and mermaids. She is able to make the people around her believe the stories are true. But in the country Nila has her home, there is a war, and Nila needs to flee with her ill grandfather and the young boy Yasin. In the boat they are crossing the ocean in, her fairytales are what makes the situation bearable. Nila og den lange reisa is a newly written effort for children, to be performed at the main stage- about the power of the story and the performance in surpassing the darkness.
Maria Kjærgaard-Sunesen is a recognised Danish director who has earlier staged Nothing of Me in Scene 2 at The Norwegian Theatre. She has now been given the assignment to write and stage this autumn's performance for families. She brings along her stage design partner Mie Riis, and together they present a story finding inspiration in fairytales from all over the world."
Press release from The Norwegian Theatre 10.04.2018, www.mynewsdesk.com, 11.04.2018, http://www.mynewsdesk.com/no/det-norske-teatret/pressreleases/teaterhausten-paa-det-norske-teatret-er-klar-2472451
The Norwegian Theatre, www.detnorsketeatret.no, 11.04.2018, https://www.detnorsketeatret.no/framsyningar/nila-og-den-lange-reisa/
*Not yet translated into the English. The title within parentheses is the Norwegian title's literal meaning.