1980 - Aker Brygge
|Premiére date||20 Apr. 2018|
|Coproducers||Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre)|
|Running period||20 Apr. 2018|
|Website||Oslo Nye Teater , Statsteatret|
About 1980 - Aker Brygge
1980 - Aker Brygge (2018) is a planned theatre production by Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre). The theatre text has been written by Yngve Sundvor in collaboration with the ensemble. The production has its premiere in Centralteatret, prior to being performed at Rogaland Theatre and on tour.
Yngve Sundvor directs it.
1980 - Aker Brygge is the eight production in Statsteatret's Norwegian history cycle of ten.Read more
- 15 Nov. 2018 21:00 - Oslo Nye Centralteatret (Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre), Centralteatret, The National Theatre, The Norwegian Theatre) - Show
- 7 Nov. 2018 19:30 - Sekkefabrikken Kulturhus (Sekkefabrikken Kulturhus) - Show
- 18 Oct. 2018 19:30 - Logen (Hordaland Theatre) - Show
- 29 Sep. 2018 19:30 - Høstscena (Ålesund Theatre Festival) - Show
- 14 Aug. 2018 19:30 - Hovedscenen (Rogaland Theatre) - Tour opening
- 20 Apr. 2018 - Oslo Nye Centralteatret (Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre), Centralteatret, The National Theatre, The Norwegian Theatre) - Worldwide premiere
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about 1980 - Aker Brygge
"Statsteatret brings you to the 1980es and the song of the free market. We take you back to the decade during which profitability, emissions trading, corruption, inside trade and 'milking the cow' became part of the vocabulary. The decade during which off-white became a colour, and we all became Poco Loco.
We meet the brothers Wilhelm and William, following their adventurous journey through the stock market, banking and property speculation. Not least we follow the brothers' culinary journey from fish fingers at their mother's, to the meeting with Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese and Japanese cooking in 1980es' Oslo.
Welcome to Fame, Sweet Dreams and Dancing in the Dark. We had Faith and met many a Material Girl who wanted to Take on Me or Beat It. And if Eye of the Tiger stared at us, we stared back. We all have a Hungry Heart so Wake me up before you Go-Go, cause I see True Colors and I am Walking on Sunshine, so come on, Let's Dance!, Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now, Take my Breath Away, Cause I Can't fight this Feeling, Baby, I am Free - Free Fallin'! We didn't start the Fire, but we all took part in The Final Countdown."
Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre), 12.12.2017, oslonye.no, http://oslonye.no/1980-aker-brygge/