Kafka on the Shore
|Premiére date||16 Feb. 2018|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre|
|Based on||Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami|
|Running period||16 Feb. 2018|
|Website||Det Norske Teatret|
About Kafka on the Shore
Kafka on the Shore (2018) is a planned theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre, based on the novel by Haruki Murakami, in a theatrical adaption by Frank Galati. The production will be performed in the theatre's venue Scene 2.
Carl Jørgen Kiønig directs it.
Morten Svartveit plays the role of Kafka.
Lasse Kolsrud plays the role of Nakata.Read more
- Haruki Murakami - Playwright
- Frank Galati - Dramatised by
- Carl Jørgen Kiønig - Translation
- Carl Jørgen Kiønig - Direction
- Åsmund Feidje - Composition
- Ola E. Bø - Dramaturge
- Milja Salovaara - Stage design
- Milja Salovaara - Costume design
- Morten Reinan - Lighting design
- Agnes Kittelsen - Actor (Sakura m.fl.)
- Ane Dahl Torp - Actor (Frøken Saeki m.fl.)
- Audun Sandem - Actor (Kråka m.fl.)
- Gard Skagestad - Actor (Hoshino m.fl.)
- Geir Kvarme - Actor (Jonnie Walker m.fl.)
- Joachim Rafaelsen - Actor (Oshima m.fl.)
- Lasse Kolsrud - Actor (Nakata)
- Marianne Krogh - Actor ( Fru Soga m.fl.)
- Morten Svartveit - Actor (Kafka)
- Øyvin Berven - Actor (Major Warren m.fl.)
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Kafka on the Shore
"In Kafka on the Shore we follow two loosely connected stories. Kafka Tamura, a 15-year old boy who has taken the name of his favourite writer, is told that he will one day kill his own father and sleep with his lost mother and sister. To get away from his father and this Oedipal prophecy, he runs away from his home in Tokyo and ends up in the small town Takamatsu, settling in a library managed by the mysterious miss Saeki and the more hospitable, transsexual Oshima. Is his journey predestined, will he get away from his past, or will the family prediction catch up with him?
In the other story, we meet the old man Satoru Nakata, who can talk to cats. Because of this, he gets in touch with two mysterious crooks: The cat killer Johnnie Walker and Colonel Sanders, who is a pimp dressed in white, and with access to a parallel world. The mysterious motifs are recognisable, but is it the sister and the mother he meets?"
The Norwegian Theatre, 02.11.2017, detnorsketeatret.no, https://www.detnorsketeatret.no/framsyningar/kafka-pa-stranda/