|Premiére date||Sep, 2017|
|Produced by||Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre), POS Theatre Company, Performing Arts Østfold|
|Based on||Closer by Patrick Marber|
|Running period||Sep, 2017|
Closer (2017) is a theatre production by POS Theatre Company in collaboration with Østfold Kulturutvikling (which is the cultural division of the County of Østfold), Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre) and Parkteatret Produksjoner AS. Closer is based on the play by the same title by Patrick Marber. The production opens at Parkteatret i Moss during NonStop International Theatre Festival, after which it is performed at Centralteatret and on tour.
Per-Olav Sørensen directs it.
Nicolai Cleve Broch plays the doctor Larry, Andrea Bræin Hovig plays the photographer Anna, Anders Danielsen Lie plays the writer and obituarist Dan and Ester Grenersen plays the former stripper Alice.Read more
- Patrick Marber - Playwright
- Dagfinn Nordbø - Translation
- Per-Olav Sørensen - Translation
- Per-Olav Sørensen - Direction
- Samira Moon Lee - Choreography
- Ida Toft - Costume design
- Reidar Richardsen - Lighting design
- Anders Danielsen Lie - Actor (Dan, forfatter og nekrologskribent)
- Andrea Bræin Hovig - Actor (Anna, fotograf)
- Ester Marie Grenersen - Actor (Alice, tidligere stripper)
- Nicolai Cleve Broch - Actor (Larry, lege)
- Nina Elise Johansen - Mask design
- Kari Jenseg - Stage manager
- Geir Meum Olsen - Production manager
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Closer
"Closer from 1997, by British Patrick Marber, is the story of how two couples' destinies are woven together. It is a play about love and sex, and the harm we cause one another in the name of these 'goodies'. It is also a story of 'truth', and how the characters' strained attitudes to truth have consequences to themselves and others. Funny, tragic and so recognisable it prickles.
Closer had its Norwegian premiere at Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre) in 1998 (at the time, using the Norwegian title Nærmere), and has been performed all over the world. In 2004, the play was made into a Golden Globe-winning movie directed by the legend Mike Nichols, starring Julia Roberts, Natalie Portman, Jude Law and Clive Owen."
Oslo Nye Teater (Oslo New Theatre), 18.08.17, www.oslonye.no, http://oslonye.no/closer/