The Wild Duck
|Premiére date||27 Oct. 2007|
|Produced by||Trøndelag Theatre|
|Based on||The Wild Duck by Henrik Ibsen|
|Running period||27 Oct. 2007|
About The Wild Duck
The Wild Duck was a theatre production produced by Trøndelag Theatre in 2007, based on the play by Henrik Ibsen.
Anne-Karen Hytten directed it and won The Hedda Award 2008 in the category of best direction.
Pål Christian Eggen acted in the role of Gregers Werle.
Ola G. Furuseth acted in the role of Hjalmar Ekdal.
Gunnhild Sundli acted in the role of Hedvig Ekdal.Read more
- Henrik Ibsen - Playwright
- Anne-Karen Hytten - Adapted by
- Anne-Karen Hytten - Direction
- Åsmund Feidje - Music
- Milja Salovaara - Stage design
- Milja Salovaara - Costume design
- Jan-Emil Indergaard - Sound design
- Morten Reinan - Lighting design
- Grethe Nordberg - Actor (Gina Ekdal)
- Gunnhild Sundli - Actor (Hedvig Ekdal)
- Hallbjørn Rønning - Actor (Direktør Werle)
- Harald Brenna - Actor (Gamle Ekdal)
- Hilde Olausson - Actor (Berta Sørby, direktørens husholderske)
- Jan Erik Berntsen - Actor (Molvig)
- Ola G. Furuseth - Actor (Hjalmar Ekdal)
- Pål Christian Eggen - Actor (Gregers Werle)
- Trond Peter Stamsø Munch - Actor (Relling, lege)
- Vegard Eggen - Photo
- Bjørg Kristin Rønning - Mask design
- Jørgen Sognnes - Props
- Turid Bjørnsen - Props
- Nils-Johan Aarbu - Stage manager
- Per Arne Johansen - Technical director
- Ann Eli Aasgård - Prompter
More about The Wild Duck
The Hedda Jury gave the following reason for the direction award to Anne-Karen Hytten:
"The winner of the year has long experience from Norwegian theatre, making her debut as a director almost 30 years ago. The winner also has written, processed, translated and dramatised theatre texts for children and adults. In this age of director's theatre - not to put that down! - this year's production is the best proof that classics can be renewed and reinterpreted entirely without spectacular outer effects: A director who with her heart and brain listens to the playwright, emphasises the original text and knows how to convey her insight to the actors. More than that it doesn't take.
The direction award of the year goes to Anne-Karen Hytten for her glowing, feminine new reading of Ibsen's The Wild Duck at Trøndelag Theatre the autumn of 2007."
Grethe Nordberg was nominated for The Hedda Award 2008 in the category of best leading actress for the role of Gina.
The Hedda Award