Bare barn* (Just Children)
|Premiére date||20 Nov. 2003|
|Produced by||The Open Theatre (Det Åpne Teater)|
|In collaboration with||Teater Joker, Barske Glæder Productions, Carte Blanche, Masthuggsteatern|
|Expressions||Theatre, Performance for children , Seminar, Debate, Dialogue seminar, Workshop|
|Running period||20 Nov. 2003 — 23 Nov. 2003|
|Website||Det Åpne Teater, Teater Joker, MasthuggsTeatern, Barske Glæder Produksjoner, Carte Blanche|
About Bare barn* (Just Children)
Bare barn* (Just Children) was a seminar about drama for children, arranged by The Open Theatre (Det Åpne Teater) November 20-22 2003, emphasising drama for children aged 5-10 years.Read more
- Sara Topsøe-Jensen - Concept/Idea (Var der en gang)
- Anne-Karen Hytten - Direction (Prinsessen av Lilleland)
- Bo Anders Sundstedt - Direction (Hando Kjendo)
- Rolf Sossna - Direction (Vinden viskar)
- Gunhild Aubert Opdal - Actor (Hando Kjendo)
- Guri Glans - Actor (Hando Kjendo)
- Hans Brorson - Actor (Vinden viskar)
- Helén Jonsson - Actor (Vinden viskar)
- Janne Langaas - Actor (Prinsessen av Lilleland)
- Niels Peter Underland - Actor (Hando Kjendo)
- Sara Topsøe-Jensen - Actor (Var der en gang)
- Åsa Wennström-Sandsjö - Actor (Vinden viskar)
- Anne-Karen Hytten - Other
- Dag Larsen - Other
- Halldis Hoaas - Other
- Hanne Tømta - Other
- Janne Langaas - Other
- Jonna Oulund - Other
- Kristian Seltun - Other
- Leif Hernes - Other
- Ragnhild Mærli - Other
- Rolf Sossna - Other
- Signe Kalsnes - Other
- Sara Topsøe-Jensen - Staging (Var der en gang)
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
More about Bare barn* (Just Children)
The seminar Bare barn* (Just Children) in The Open Theatre (Det Åpne Teater) put the role of the playwright on the agenda, posing questions such as:
- Literature for children is a great success in Norway. Why isn’t drama for children?
- Should theatre for children be education or art?
- Do children need art?
- Is contemporary theatre for children estimated as fully valid contemporary drama?
- How can the artistic and economic status of drama for children be increased?
- Why aren’t more playwrights writing for children?
The program during Bare Barn was as follows:
Thursday November 20:
"What do children wish from the theatre?" Children talk about theatre.
Vinden viskar* (Wind Whispers) by MasthuggsTeatern, visiting performance from Sweden.
"To create for children": Debate about art education. Speakers: Jonna Oulund (leader for the playwright education at the theatre academy of Odsherred Teaterskole, Denmark); Halldis Hoaas (dean at The National Academy of Theatre, Oslo); Signe Karlsnes (from Norwegian Academy of Music); Leif Hernes (from Oslo College University). Led by: Ragnhild Mærli, dramaturge.
Friday November 21:
Prinsessen av Lilleland* (The Princess of the Little Land), Barske Glæder.
"Theatre for children, contemporary drama of full worth?" Debate about new drama for children. Speakers: Jonna Oulund (from the theatre academy of Odsherred Teaterskole, Denmark); Rolf Sossna (artistic leader of Masthuggsteatern in Gothenburg); Dag Larsen (from Norwegian Writers for Children); Kristian Seltun (theatre manager Black Box Teater). Led by: Anne Karen Hytten, instructor.
Open reading of texts and presentation of playwrights. Led by: Hanne Tømta, instructor. Janne Langaas, actress/playwright. Start of two workshops.
Saturday November 22:
Workshops with actors continue.
Hando Kjendo, Teater Joker.
Once, Carte Blanche, visiting performance from Denmark
Presentation of workshop. Led by: Hanne Tømta, instructor. Janne Langaas, actress/playwright.
Bare barn was supported by Arts Council Norway and The Norwegian Actors’ Equity Association/NAEA.
Source: The Open Theatre (Det Åpne Teater), Archive, program Bare barn