Albert & Anna
|Premiére date||23 May. 2017|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Touring Theatre (Riksteatret), The National Stage|
|Based on||Albert & Anna by Frode Grytten|
|Expressions||Theatre, Romantic comedy|
|Running period||23 May. 2017|
|Duration||140 minutes, including an interval|
About Albert & Anna
Albert & Anna (2017) is a theatre production by The Norwegian Touring Theatre in collaboration with The National Stage. Albert & Anna is the world premiere of a play by Frode Grytten. The production had its premiere in Teaterkjelleren, The National Stage, during Bergen International Festival 2017.
Hildegun Riise directed it.
Sverre Bentzen played the elder Albert.
Kari Simonsen played the elder Anna.Read more
- Frode Grytten - Playwright
- Hildegun Riise - Direction
- Sigrid Edvardsson - Choreography
- Espen Leite - Composition
- Solrun Toft Iversen - Dramaturge
- Tine Thomassen - Dramaturge
- Åse Hegrenes - Stage design
- Åse Hegrenes - Costume design
- Gyril Høgberg - Lighting design
- Åsmund Bøe - Video/Film
- Kari Simonsen - Actor (Anna)
- Kristoffer Sagmo Aalberg - Actor (Den unge Albert)
- Stine Robin Berg Hansen - Actor (Den unge Anna)
- Sverre Bentzen - Actor (Albert)
- Espen Leite - Musician
- Pernille Skaansar - Producer
- 12 Dec. 2017 - Store Scene, The National Stage (The National Stage) - New opening
- 16 Jun. 2017 19:00 - Storegull (The Norwegian Touring Theatre (Riksteatret)) - Heddadagene - Show
- 15 Jun. 2017 19:00 - Storegull (The Norwegian Touring Theatre (Riksteatret)) - Heddadagene - Show
- 23 May. 2017 - Småscenen, now Teaterkjelleren, The National Stage (The National Stage) - Bergen International Festival - Worldwide premiere
- 18 May. 2017 - Storegull (The Norwegian Touring Theatre (Riksteatret)) - View
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
"Albert & Anna follows the old Albert (Sverre Bentzen) and the old Anna (Kari Simonsen) through four seasons. Parallelly, memories of the young Albert (Kristoffer Sagmo Aalberg) and the young Anna (Stine Robin Berg Hansen) through the same seasons come to life. The symbols for the seasons are many and clear: The action takes place in the garden, evocatively formed by Åse Hegrenes, and laden with metaphorical growth and decline. (...) Sverre Bentzen and Kari Simonsen show the two old ones with finely tuned richness in detail. She depicts the dementia-ridden Anna's agelessness and aging, the mix of childishness and deterioration, unpredictable changes and a constant core. He depicts the healthy-minded Albert's development and attempts at balancing, the conflict between the wish to be strong and to keep the promises of 'until death' for them both, and the growing, guilt-ridden knowledge that there are limits to how much he can manage."
More about Albert & Anna
"We get close to Albert and Anna, two elderly people who have loved one another throughout a long life. Albert & Anna is a story of ordinary love, the kind of love that isn't observed by anyone but those sharing it.
As partners through life, Albert and Anna have cultivated their garden and cultivated each other. But now, Anna is in the process of disappearing, and when she goes, Albert also fears losing himself. In the performance, they are reunited with the young Anna and the young Albert. Humorous and warm flashbacks depict their life together and the bonds they share through seasons in change."
The National Stage, dns.no, 30.03.2017, http://www.dns.no/program/2017/albert-anna/
Import from the Scenekunst.no list of openings 30.03.2017
The Norwegian Touring Theatre, www.riksteatret.no, 15.09.17, http://www.riksteatret.no/repertoar/albert-og-anna/