11 år* (11 years)
|Premiére date||23 May. 2017|
|Produced by||The Norwegian Theatre, Goksøyr & Martens|
|In collaboration with||Norwegian Centre for New Playwriting (NCNP)|
|Running period||23 May. 2017|
|Website||Det Norske Teatret|
About 11 år* (11 years)
11 år* (11 years) (2017) is a theatre production by The Norwegian Theatre in collaboration with Goksøyr & Martens. The production uses text by Toril Goksøyr and Camilla Martens, inspired by interviews the two have made with parents, children, employees at schools plus scientific researchers. The production is performed at the theatre's main stage.
Toril Goksøyr and Camilla Martens direct it.
The company Goksøyr & Martens is supported by Arts Council Norway. The project 11 år has been developed at Dramatikkens hus.
*Not yet translated into the English. The title within parentheses is the Norwegian title's literal meaning.Read more
- Camilla Martens - Playwright
- Toril Goksøyr - Playwright
- Camilla Martens - Concept/Idea
- Toril Goksøyr - Concept/Idea
- Camilla Martens - Direction
- Toril Goksøyr - Direction
- Anders Hasmo Dahl - Dramaturge
- Ingrid Weme Nilsen - Dramaturge
- Olav Myrtvedt - Stage design
- Olav Myrtvedt - Costume design
- Fredric Vogel - Sound design
- Ingeborg Staxrud Olerud - Lighting design
- Agnes Kittelsen - Actor (Rektoren)
- Benjamin Haug Hagen - Actor (Sonen)
- Jon Bleiklie Devik - Actor (Faren)
- Julie Moe Sandø - Actor (Mora)
- Kjersti Dalseide - Actor (Læraren)
- Oddgeir Thune - Actor (Lærarens mann)
- 14 Jun. 2017 18:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 13 Jun. 2017 18:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 11 Jun. 2017 17:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 11 Jun. 2017 14:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 10 Jun. 2017 16:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
- 9 Jun. 2017 18:00 - Hovudscenen (The Norwegian Theatre) - Heddadagene - Show
More about 11 år* (11 years)
"A young teacher undergoes an experience in which one of her pupils, an eleven-year-old girl, is involved in a fateful event. Now, the teacher is to meet the parents and the school's headmaster. In her bag, there is something she's forgotten to mention.
The duo Goksøyr & Martens lets the project take place in the public room. It is about everyday life, those days which there are most of. We are in the school yard, and the situation is familiar to most people. One of the children at school, has long felt excluded. Now, her everyday life is slowly unveiled. Who is to blame for the fatal action of the eleven-year old?
In 11 år, the duo of directors move into The Norwegian Theatre's main stage. The spectators are placed in scaffolds, four meters tall. From here, they can look down into a school yard with climbing play structures, swings and benches. Via headphones, the audience can follow the dialogue within a class room at the school.
The story of the production isn't of one single child, but it is based on interviews with several parents, children, school employees and scientists. From this material, Goksøyr and Martens have written a story playing out during two hours an autumn afternoon.
The company was established in 1997 by Toril Goksøyr and Camilla Martens. They use documentary strategies in their work, authentic elements connection art to reality."
The Norwegian Theatre, www.detnorsketeatret.no, 27.10.2016, http://www.detnorsketeatret.no/framsyningar/11-ar/
*Not yet translated into the English. The title within parentheses is the Norwegian title's literal meaning.