Friday the 15th of October
|Premiére date||20 Jan. 1993|
|Coproducers||BIT Teatergarasjen, Black Box Teater|
|Expressions||Theatre, Dance, Music, Musical theatre, Trilogy|
|Running period||20 Jan. 1993|
- Asle Nilsen - Concept/Idea
- Lisbeth Bodd - Concept/Idea
- Lisbeth Bodd - Direction
- Asle Nilsen - Stage design
- Petter Steen - Sound
- Jean Vincent Kerebel - Light
- Alexandra Boguslawski - Performer
- Corinne Lyche Campos - Performer
- Håkon Hegnar - Performer
- Khawar Sadeq - Performer
- Manuel Canteria - Performer
- Vanessa Baird - Performer
Tekst: T. Bernhard, Henrik Ibsen, William Shakespeare, Almodovar, Puccini
- 14 Oct. 1993 - Podewil (Podewil Center for Contemporary Arts) - Show
- 13 Oct. 1993 - Podewil (Podewil Center for Contemporary Arts) - Show
- May, 1993 - Théâtre en Mai - Show
- 24 Mar. 1993 19:00 - Rådhus-Teatret (The Theatre Festival in Kongsvinger) - The Theatre Festival in Kongsvinger - Show
- 31 Jan. 1993 20:00 - BIT Teatergarasjen (BIT Teatergarasjen) - Show
- 30 Jan. 1993 20:00 - BIT Teatergarasjen (BIT Teatergarasjen) - Show
- 29 Jan. 1993 20:00 - BIT Teatergarasjen (BIT Teatergarasjen) - Show
- 28 Jan. 1993 20:00 - BIT Teatergarasjen (BIT Teatergarasjen) - Show
- 23 Jan. 1993 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 22 Jan. 1993 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 21 Jan. 1993 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Show
- 20 Jan. 1993 - Store scene (Vika) (Black Box Teater) - Worldwide premiere
- Images (0)
- Video (0)
- Audio (0)
- Files (0)
Writer and date unknown, Klassekampen [Oslo]:
"By the members of the ensemble continuously ironising at the cost of themselves, and not least comments on its own theatrical expression and the theatre conventions connected to experimental theatre, a level of self-deprecation is established in the performance. This self-deprecation makes Verdensteatret's stage expression fully unique."
More about Friday the 15th of October
In an information leaflet made by Verdensteatret in 2002 the following is written about 15th of October:
"This production contains elements of playing with theatrical conventions. As the two previous parts it contains bittersweet irony, brutality, humour as well as visual beauty.
The text is performed directly, but also at times paraphrased and commented on. The performers alternate between reading, making digressions, to telling private stories almost in the manner of stand- up comedy.
The dramaturgy is based on musical composition.
The music has been mixed by Verdensteatret with Händel's cantata Lucretia as the main theme.
The dance sequences are a violent mixture of different techniques.
The texts are from: T. Bernhard, H. Ibsen, Shakespeare, Almodóvar and Puccini (La Bohème)."
The October Trilogy was supported by Arts Council Norway.
Buresund, Inger and Anne-Britt Gran (1996): Frie grupper og Black Box Teater. 1970-1995 (literally: Independent Companies and Black Box Teater), adNotam Gyldendal, Oslo
Verdensteatrets' archive, donated by Verdensteatret. August 4th 2010.